Monday, December 12, 2011

Practice drawing for Sketchbook Project 2012?

This weekend I began practice drawing--doodling, really--on white paper since I tend to draw on black paper 99% of the time yet to take part in Arthouse's Sketchbook project due April 30, 2012, sheets of white paper must turn up on my drafting table.

Here you see Genevieve, a simple portrait of what seems to be a rather anxious young lady although this style and theme of subject may not be at all what turns up in my Sketchbook by April!


Genevieve: black gel pen on white paper colored with Prismacolor oil and Rexel Derwent watercolour pencils by Jude Cowell 2011.

Here's info on the 2012 Sketchbook project if you wish to check it out. Fiction is part of it as well, if you don't draw but love to read and write!

And who doesn't, really?

Plus, mosey on over to Red Bubble, an artists' site where I first discovered Arthouse's excellent Sketchbook project...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

don't forget deadline for the completed sketchbook is January 31st - not April!

I wish it WAS April - I have so much still to do in mine :)

jude cowell said...

Sarah! Thanks for telling me it's Jan 31st--not sure where I got Apr 30th--know I didn't make it up so it must have been wrong somewhere for me to pick it up (Twitter?)

Or maybe I just misunder-read the arthouse website...? (I did find it confusing between 2011 and 2012 info.)

Anyway, I haven't received my Sketchbook yet and am not certain I can complete it by the end of Jan. Oh crum!!! Jude

Michelle Liebgott-Osinga said...

I know where you got April 30th. That is the deadline for the limited edition sketchbook project.

jude cowell said...

Yes thanks, Michelle! Haven't had a chance to return here to say that Jan 31, 2012 is the deadline to sign up and participate in the Sketchbook Project.

Apr 30, 2012 is the date by which entries must be postmarked to be ocnsidered.

Art On!!! Jude

jude cowell said...

'considered'!